This white bean dip with fresh rosemary, garlic and lemon is a fantastic appetizer to serve when entertaining or hosting a party. If you’re obsessed with appetizers, like I am, then this dish is for you!
At any party, most of the action takes place around the food, right? Yes, the drinks are important but everyone knows, great nibbles are what makes folks hang out a little longer to enjoy the fun. Of course, there has to be an exciting mix of people along with lively conversation but really…the appetizers are always the thing that people gravitate to.
Over the past few weeks, Mr. A Southern Soul and I have entertained a few different groups of friends and it’s been absolutely wonderful. I’ve got a few fool proof strategies to quickly pull together a party, so, these get-together’s were a cinch to make happen. To make things even better, we’d been having some beautiful weather so, I set up our drinks and appetizers outside and turned on some good tunes.
Since I am so infatuated with appetizers, I decided to make a new to me dip. I’d had this recipe rolling around in my brain for a couple of weeks and knew the ingredients would work really well together. I wanted my dip to be easy to make which is achieved by using a food processor or blender. Next, I wanted fresh herbs and lemon to give the beans some bright flavor. Then, with the addition of garlic and red chili flakes, my dip was all but done. I served this luscious concoction with toasted bread, crackers and raw veggies. This is a great, inexpensive appetizer made with simple canned beans that are turned into something your guests will love. Oh, and when having folks over, just remember this ~ keep things simple, preparation is the key to success and most of all have fun! Entertaining isn’t effortless…it just needs to look like it is.
- 3 cans cannelloni beans (white beans)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon - zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary - minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Drain and rinse cannelloni beans. Place beans and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse/blend until beans are broken down. Add lemon zest, juice, salt, black pepper, red chilies, rosemary, and water. Turn food processor on low to combine ingredients and slowly pour olive oil through lid tube. Continue to process until almost completely smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle on rosemary, red chilies along with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately with crackers, bread or raw vegetables. Can be stored in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!