This post may contain affiliate links.
Learn how to make perfect rice every single time in the Instant Pot! Fluffy rice, made with coconut milk, lime zest, and juice, with a sprinkle of parsley is a fresh take on a traditional side dish that’s excellent to serve any time of the year.
I am always on the lookout for a great side dish. Whether it’s a green veggie, potato, or salad, side dishes are the only way to complete a meal. Now, I’ve added this fluffy and flavorful rice dish to my lineup.
This Recipe Is:
- easy to make with simple ingredients
- a new fresh twist on classic white rice
That’s just a few of the ways to describe Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice. Like my Instant Pot Rice with garlic and herbs, this recipe will become a go-to when you want to serve a delicious, simple side dish.
Pressure cooking rice might seem a bit strange but ever since the Instant Pot came on the scene, well, things have changed. Cooking rice on the stovetop is the traditional method for making rice or you could use a rice cooker. But now, the Instant Pot combines the ease of a rice cooker with pressure cooking and the results are spectacular!
Ingredients For Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice
- White Rice
- Coconut Milk
- Lime Zest
- Lime Juice
- Parsley or Cilantro
What Is An Instant Pot?
This popular kitchen tool is a multi-cooker with many uses. An Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and yogurt maker. It also sautees and simmers making it super useful in the kitchen.
I like using it for so many recipes and as a bonus, it helps keep my kitchen cool and frees up the precious stove and oven space during the holidays.
How To Time A Recipe In The Instant Pot
One of the biggest benefits of the Instant Pot is pressure cooking is up to 70 percent faster than other ways of cooking. Pressure cookers reach higher temperatures because their lids lock into place without steam escaping, which creates a pressurized environment inside the pot.
PRO-TIP: when using the Instant Pot for electric pressure cooking, typically the “come to pressure” time is not included in the recipe. So, you’ll need to read the recipe carefully and plan out your time.
When planning out this recipe, you’ll need to add about 10 minutes to the cooking time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
Liquid To Rice Ratio
To cook white rice in the Instant Pot, the ratio is 1 to 1. For Coconut Lime Rice, I use 1 can of coconut milk, plus ⅓ cup of water to equal 2 cups of liquid along with 2 cups of white rice.
Steps To Making This Recipe
- Rinse white rice under cold running water until it runs clear.
- Add coconut milk, water, rice, salt, and butter to the Instant Pot.
- Lock-on lid and set valve to seal.
- Press the RICE button.
- When the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then do a quick release of the steam.
- Remove the lid, and add in lime zest, juice, and parsley. Using a fork, fluff the rice while mixing in the lime.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
What To Serve With Coconut Lime Rice
Not only is this recipe terrific for a weeknight meal, but it’s also great to serve when you’re feeding a crowd. Perfect, fluffy Coconut Lime Rice is ideal to serve for any holiday meal or when you’re entertaining.
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Irish Pot Roast
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Garlic and Herb Rice
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Noodles
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
Last but not least…
If you make this Instant Pot Rice recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
- Place rice in a strainer and rinse under running water until water runs clear, 3-4 minutes.
- Place coconut milk, water, rice, salt, and butter in the Instant Pot and stir. Secure lid on the pot. Select the RICE button (it will set to 12 minutes) and close the steam valve.
- Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release for 5 minutes then do a quick-release on the steam valve. Carefully, remove the lid and fluff rice with a fork. Add the zest and juice of 1 lime, parsley and mix into the rice. Serve immediately.
Want To Know More About Using The Instant Pot?
If you are new to cooking with an Instant Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Instant Pot like a pro!