Grilled Peach Sauce is one of summer’s best, simple pleasures! Fresh, juicy peaches, grilled to bring out their natural sweetness are taken to a whole new level with a few other ingredients to make a decedent sauce perfect for ice cream, cake or whipped cream.
Yesterday, I found a few peaches in the fridge (somehow or another I’d forgotten about these babies!) that were just the right stage of ripeness and decided to make a little something for dessert. With cake cooling on the counter, turning the peaches into sauce was the perfect choice. I decided to grill the peaches first, which gave them a great depth of flavor. Then I added in some brown sugar, honey a bit of butter and some cinnamon. The combination of all those flavors together is something magical! I served my Grilled Peach Sauce with a slice of Angle Food Cake and vanilla ice cream. This is one easy to make dish that has become a tradition when summer rolls around.
More great fruit recipes:
- Ambrosia Salad
- Banana Pudding Trifle
- Pineapple Casserole
- Peaches and Cream Icebox Cake
- Fruit Salad For A Crowd
- 3 to 4 fresh peaches - cut in half
- vegetable oil
- ¼ c . brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of agave or honey
- 3 tablespoon butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Wash peaches and cut in half. Remove pit. Brush lightly with vegetable oil and place on grill, flesh side down. Grill until marks show on peaches.
- Turn and do the same to the skin side.
- Remove from grill, place on plate or bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool.
- Once cooled, remove skin from peaches and slice.
- Melt butter in medium sauté pan and add peaches. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, honey, salt and cinnamon.
- Continue to cook on medium low heat until sauce is thick and syrupy.
Don’t forget to save this recipe! Pin it HERE.