Whenever I serve the sweet, tangy, savory sauce, there’s always grins, a smirk and a comment or two. I guess, since it’s sweet and spicy with a dose of heat that tends to remind one of that infamous woman from the book of Kings. The thing is, no matter what’s it’s call, it’s just downright delicious! Jezebel Sauce is whipped up in less than 10 minutes and can be used in so many ways.
What you’ll need to make Jezebel Sauce:
- pineapple preserves
- apple jelly
- dry mustard
- fresh cracked black pepper
My favorite way to serve this crazy named sauce is over cream cheese. The combination of cool cream cheese with the power pack Jezebel sauce is so good! It’s makes an ideal party appetizer that people just can’t seem to get enough of. I’ve also used it as a glazed for a ham at Christmas and it was outstanding. When entertaining, I love to serve grilled pork tenderloin and this Jezebel sauce is always on the side for my guest to do a little dipping.
There’s nothing like taking an old school recipe then turning it into a “new to you” dish. I love keeping traditions alive and this recipe stole my heart the first time I made it. It’s simple, easy to make and makes entertaining a treat. It’s always fun when something old becomes new again!
More easy to make appetizers:
- 1 12 ounce jar pineapple preserves
- 1 12 ounce jar apple jelly
- ½ cup prepared horseradish - drained
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk pineapple preserves, apple jelly, horseradish and mustard together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Add cracked pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe was originally published in October 2016.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!