This post may contain affiliate links.
This homemade Blueberry Vinaigrette is not your average salad dressing! Made with fresh blueberries, honey, and a few other simple pantry ingredients, this dressing is full of bright, sweet flavors. Whether you drizzle it over a fresh green salad or you use it as a flavorful marinade, it’s destined to become a favorite.
I’m not sure if people know this, but I actually started A Southern Soul because of my vinaigrette. I would make up all kinds of fun dressing recipes and then completely forget them until my husband insisted that I start writing everything down.
This Blueberry Vinaigrette recipe is one of the homemade dressings that I love and have I’ve been making for years. It’s super simple, flavorful, and versatile. Anytime you have a handful of extra blueberries, this easy salad dressing is the perfect thing to make. It’s especially good on spinach and grilled chicken with a few sprinkles of blue cheese and toasted almonds.
Pin This Recipe For Later
Ingredients Needed To Make Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Blueberries – smashed or crushed, you can substitute raspberries, blackberries or strawberries
- Balsamic Vinegar – you can use red wine or apple cider vinegar if needed.
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
How To Make This Recipe
This bright, delicious blueberry vinaigrette salad dressing is easy to make – grab a mason jar, smash a cup of blueberries, pour your remaining ingredients in, and shake. Boom! In no time, you’ve got a new dressing to help you stay on the road to happy, healthy eating.
Scroll Down For Measurements And Instructions
What To Serve With Homemade Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Easy Everyday Green Salad – toss in feta cheese, goats cheese, or blue cheese for extra flavor and creaminess.
- Easy Homemade Croutons
- Salad For A Crowd – add some protein like chicken, shrimp or leftover streak for a hearty meal.
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
How To Store
The Ultimate Game Day Party
FREE EMAIL Bonus
Delicious recipes that SCORE BIG every time
People Often Ask…
I use olive oil in every vinaigrette I make. That being said, there are tons of terrific oil options out there. Some of my favorite alternatives include avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or even nut-based oils like walnut oil.
Sure! To give the dressing a creamy texture, add a tablespoon of Dijon mustard. Mustards give an extra zestiness, and creaminess to the dressing.
Yes, you can absolutely make vinaigrette in a blender. In fact, you can make a vinaigrette using a food processor, fork and bowl, mason jar, blender, or even a hand mixer if it fits your fancy.
More Salad Dressing Recipes You’ll Love
- Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Classic Thousand Island Dressing
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 6 Ingredient Garlic Herb Tahini Dressing and Dip
- 1 cup “smashed” blueberries
- ¼ cup champagne or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
This post was originally published in January, 2017 and updated in April, 2023.