This post may contain affiliate links.
This homemade Blueberry Vinaigrette is not your average salad dressing! Made with fresh blueberries, honey, and few other simple pantry ingredients, this dressing is full of bright sweet flavors. Whether you drizzle it over a fresh green salad or you use it as a flavorful marinade, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
I’m not sure if people know this, but I actually started A Southern Soul because of my vinaigrettes. I would make up all kinds of fun dressing recipes and then completely forget them, until my husband insisted that I start writing everything down. Eventually, those vinaigrette recipes became some of the first on the blog.
This is a vinaigrette I’ve been making for years, it’s super simple, flavorful, and versatile! Anytime you have a handful of extra blueberries, this easy salad dressing is the perfect thing to make. It’s especially good on spinach and grilled chicken with a few sprinkles of blue cheese.
This delightful, bright dressing is easy to make – just grab a mason jar, smash a cup of blueberries, pour your remaining ingredients in and shake. Boom! In no time, you’ve got a new dressing to help you stay on the road to happy, healthy eating.
Ingredients Needed To Make Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Blueberries – smashed or crushed, you can substitute raspberries, blackberries or strawberries
- Balsamic Vinegar – can use champagne vinegar
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
Scroll down for the ingredient measurements and full instructions.
People Often Ask…
I am a huge olive fan myself, I use olive oil in every vinaigrette I make. That being said, there are tons of terrific oil options out there. Some of my favorite alternatives include avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or even nut-based oils like walnut oil.
Yes, you can absolutely make vinaigrette in a blender. In fact, you can make vinaigrette using a food processor, fork and bowl, mason jar, blender or even a hand mixer if it fits your fancy.
What To Serve With Homemade Vinaigrette
- Easy Everyday Green Salad
- Easy Homemade Croutons
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- Salad For A Crowd
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
More Salad Dressing Recipes You’ll Love…
- Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Classic Thousand Island Dressing
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 6 Ingredient Garlic Herb Tahini Dressing and Dip
- 1 cup “smashed” blueberries
- ¼ cup champagne or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place vinegar, honey and lemon juice in a sealable jar or container. Swirl ingredients to mix.
- In another bowl, pulse blueberries with a stick blender or put into a zip top bag and smash with rolling pen.
- Add blueberries and olive oil to the mason jar, screw on top and shake well to blend.
Rate & Comment