This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender pasta, juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil all tossed in a “short-cut” pesto sauce make a salad that is seriously delicious! This easy pasta salad recipe is perfect for parties, cookouts, potlucks, and a must-make when you’re feeding a crowd.
Pesto Pasta Salad With Tomatoes And Mozzarella is the best side dish to serve during the warm spring and summer months. The fun little twirls of pasta soak up the beautiful flavors of the pesto, making this a great salad to serve with just about anything cooked on the grill.
With 5-ingredients and 15 minutes of your time, you can make an amazing pasta salad! But don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you. It’s loaded with flavor from rich pesto, fresh basil, and ripe tomatoes.
This salad is ideal to make when you are feeding a crowd or need to take a dish to a potluck or church social. It’s also a great choice for a picnic because it’s delicious served at room temperature and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
Come to think of it, I believe you can serve Pesto Pasta Salad With Tomatoes And Mozzarella anytime you need a scrumptious, never boring side dish!
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Pasta – pick your favorite. A small round pasta works best.
- Jarred Pesto Sauce
- Grape Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
PRO-TIP: I used store-bought pesto in a jar for this salad. You can find it in the Italian food section in the grocery store. Pesto in a jar tends to be a bit darker in color but will still have a rich, vibrant taste and good consistency.
Can You Eat Pasta Salad Cold?
Pesto Pasta Salad With Tomatoes And Mozzarella is best served at room temperature. If I’m taking this salad to a party or picnic, I make it ahead of time, then chill it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to head to the event. By the time it’s ready to serve, the salad will be at the perfect temperature.
How To Store Leftovers
This recipe makes a big batch of pasta salad, so you are most likely to have leftovers. That’s a win in my house!
Store your leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
What To Serve With Pesto Pasta Salad
I love making and serving this pasta salad. Not only is it simple to make, but it goes well with so many dishes. Here are some of my favorites:
- BBQ Chicken Legs for cookouts and family gatherings.
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs, Chicken Wings and Grilled Sausages & Peppers for game day.
- At potlucks and block parties with Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs.
More Pasta Salad Recipe To Make
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad (Fresh and Easy)
- Spaghetti Salad
- Creamy Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad For A Crowd
Pesto Pasta Salad With Tomatoes And Mozzarella
- 1 pound boxed pasta – I used Cavatappi
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces prepared, jarred pesto
- 8-10 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain, rinse and add to a large bowl.
- Add in tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, pesto, and pepper. Stir, making sure to coat the pasta in the pesto.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.