Brussels sprouts salad with honey crisp apples, feta cheese, toasted pecans, and tart pomegranate seeds is beautiful and out-of-this-world delicious! Loaded with crunch, this light, fresh salad is perfect for serving for the holidays and easy enough to make for a weeknight meal.
Have you ever had one of those “light bulb” moments? When you suddenly come up with a really good idea and get all excited and giddy? Well, I hope you have and that’s exactly what happened when the idea of Brussels Sprouts Slaw which is actually a salad, popped into my head.
As you can tell if you’ve been following A Southern Soul, I love slaw. As a witness to how much of a fan I am, here are a few of my favorite slaw recipes:
Brussels Sprouts Slaw has all the right elements for an amazing side dish. It’s easy to make, loaded with crunchy, thinly sliced Brussels sprouts, creamy feta cheese, and toasted pecans. If that was not enough, sweet Honey Crisp apples and the added pop of tangy pomegranate seeds take this slaw to a new level of deliciousness!
What You Need To Make Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- Brussels Sprouts
- Feta Cheese
- Honey Crisp Apples
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
This slaw not only gets in unique flavor from the well-combined ingredients but also from the tangy, slightly sweet dressing. I mixed olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper together then poured it over the slaw. Once all of the ingredients have some time to marinate, the flavor comes together making this slaw phenomenal!
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, please do! It’s actually better made ahead of time. All of the ingredients get to hang out and blend allowing the flavors really shine through.
How To Shred Brussels Sprouts
This is my favorite way to prep the brussels sprouts. Start by trimming the bottom of the sprout and removing any bruised leaved. Then using the shredding blade, process the brussel sprouts through the tube.
Slicing the sprouts really thin using a sharp knife works well. Make sure you start by prepping the brussels sprouts by trimming the bottom off and discarding any bruised leaves.
Recently I found a bag of shaved brussels sprouts in the grocery store. Who knew! I was thrilled to find them in the produce section. Since they are pre-packaged, make sure you “pick through” the bag and throw any hard stems before using.
More Side Dishes You Will Love!
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Skillet Cinnamon Apples
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Instant Pot Garlic And Herb Rice
- One-Pot Mushroom Rice
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 5 minutes. Let cool then chop.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, add olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk together or shake until well blended.
- To a large bowl, add shaved brussels sprouts, chopped pecans, feta cheese, and Honey Crisp apple. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat all ingredients. Add pomegranate seeds. Toss gently and adjust seasoning.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Before serving, toss to mix any dressing that may have settled.