Easy to make, and delicious to eat, Chocolate Caramel Pretzels are the perfect combination of sweet and salty! Add in a pinch of flakey sea salt, and you’ve got a 4-ingredient, no-bake treat that everyone will love.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and you know what that means. It’s time to share some love! I’m not big on giving a box of chocolates to my sweeties, but I do love making a treat that I know they’ll love, and chocolate pretzels are hard to beat… especially when you add caramel too!
This year’s surprise is made with one of my all-time favorite combinations. Sweet and salty. I’ve combined crunchy mini pretzels with caramel sauce (a store-bought shortcut), dark chocolate, and flaky sea salt. Together, they make a special little treat that’s worthy to share on any special day of the year.
Ingredients Needed For Chocolate Caramel Pretzels
- Pretzels – mini shapes, rods, or even large ones will work
- Caramel Sauce – use a good quality sauce; you can even find a caramel recipe and make your own
- Dark Chocolate Chips – you can substitute milk chocolate if you prefer
- Flaky Sea Salt – you can find this in small containers on the spice aisle in the store.
How To Make This Recipe
Begin by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper and then place the pretzels on the prepared sheets in a single layer.
Pour caramel sauce into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 10-30 seconds, depending on how quickly your microwave works. Using a fork, drizzle caramel over pretzels, and then let them sit for five minutes until the caramel has properly set.
In a separate microwave safe, bowl, add chocolate chips. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat in 20-second intervals until the chocolate has fully melted; watch the chocolate melt carefully so it doesn’t dry up. Stir chocolate until smooth and creamy, then using a different fork begin to drizzle it over pretzels.
Sprinkle with sea salt, then place pans in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes. Remove from fridge and transfer to a serving plate or bowl, and enjoy!
People Often Ask…
Yes, you can absolutely melt your chocolate over the stovetop!
What you’ll want to do is grab a small pot and fill it halfway with water, then place it over medium heat. Next, grab a glass or metal bowl and place the chocolate chips in the bowl.
Once the pot of water has begun to boil, stack the bowl of chocolate chips on top of the pot of boiling water and allow the steam to melt your chocolate. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and stir as the chocolate melts.
How To Store Caramel Chocolate Pretzels
You can keep the pretzels stored on the counter/pantry in an airtight container. I like to keep mine in the fridge since they are a bit “ooey gooey” from the caramel. As a tip, place them in layers separated with wax paper if you don’t want them sticking together.
Delicious Additions to This Recipe
- Pick out your favorite color(s) of sprinkles and go-to-town!
- Add chopped toasted pecans, almonds, or walnuts.
- Drizzle on white chocolate for a festive twist.
- Sprinkle on toasted coconut for even more flavor and texture.
More Treats To Make And Share!
- Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
- Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
- Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Candied Pecans
- 16 ounce bag of mini pretzels
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 14 ounces dark or milk chocolate chips
- flakey sea salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Layer pretzels on the prepared sheets
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat caramel sauce for 10 seconds. Drizzle caramel over pretzels. Let pretzels sit for 5 minutes until caramel is set.
- In a separate bowl, add chocolate chips and microwave in 20-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over pretzels. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place pans in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Remove pans from the fridge and enjoy!