This post may contain affiliate links.
Pretzels drizzled with buttery caramel sauce and rich, dark chocolate are turned into the perfect combination of sweet and salty! Add in a pinch of flakey sea salt and you’ve got a 4-ingredient, no-bake treat that everyone will love.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and you know what that means. It’s time to share some love! I’m not big on giving a box of chocolates to my sweeties but I do love making a treat that I know they’ll love.
This year’s surprise is made with one of my all-time favortie combinations. Sweet and salty. I’ve combined crunchy mini pretzels with caramel sauce (a store-bought shortcut) dark chocolate and flakey sea salt. Together they make a special little treat that’s worthy to share on any special day of the year.
Ingredients For This Recipe:
- Pretzels – mini shapes, rods, or even large ones will work
- Caramel Sauce – use a good quality sauce and not the ice cream topping stuff
- Dark Chocolate Chips – you can substitute milk chocolate if you prefer
- Flakey Sea Salt – you can find this in small containers on the spice aisle in the store.
How To Store Chocolate Caramel Pretzels
You can keep the pretzels stored on the counter/pantry in an airtight container. I like to keep mine in the fridge since they are a bit “ooey gooey” from the caramel. As a tip, place them in layers separated with wax paper if you don’t want them sticking together.
Fun & Yummy Additions To Try
- Pick out your favorite color (s) of sprinkles and go-to-town!
- Add chopped toasted pecans, almonds, or walnuts.
- Drizzle on white chocolate for a festive twist.
- Sprinkle on toasted coconut for even more flavor and texture.
More Treats To Make And Share!
- Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
- Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
- Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Candied Pecans
Last but not least…
If you make this sweet treat recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
- 16 ounce bag of mini pretzels
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 14 ounces dark or milk chocolate chips
- flakey sea salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Layer pretzels on the prepared sheets
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat caramel sauce for 10 seconds. Drizzle caramel over pretzels. Let pretzels sit for 5 minutes until caramel is set.
- In a separate bowl, add chocolate chips and microwave in 20-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over pretzels. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place pans in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Remove pans from the fridge and enjoy!