Oh well, spring break is over and it’s time to get back on a regular schedule. With all the going’s on we had around here last week, my fridge and pantry were almost empty, so yesterday I had to sit down and make a plan for restocking. I also made a list of recipes to try, healthy snacks to munch on and items for the boys lunch bags. Here’s one of the snacks I decided on ~ Granola. Big Sweetie and I love to have granola for breakfast, with low fat milk and also on yogurt. It’s also a great “to-go” snack when you need a little something while running around. This recipe is really, really easy and I actually had everything on hand!
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups chopped nuts (such as almonds, pistachios, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1 ½ cups coconut shavings
- ½ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil or warmed coconut oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine all ingredients except dried cherries or cranberries in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake granola, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown and dry, 30 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet (it will crisp as it cools).
- Mix in 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries.
Rate & Comment