This post may contain affiliate links.
Delicious Grape Salad is amazingly fresh, sweet, and creamy with a crunchy topping that’s irresistible! Served as a side dish or a dessert, this easy-to-make recipe is always a favorite at the holidays, potluck suppers, or when you’re entertaining.
My first encounter with Grape Salad was at a church event several years ago. My Bible study group was ending the season with a covered dish luncheon, so of course, everyone was going to bring their best game.
I can’t remember all the dishes at the lunch, but I do remember that Grape Salad. Word quickly spread throughout the group that this was a MUST-HAVE recipe, which sent all of us into a tizzy. You know a recipe that good must be shared and thankfully my friend complied, and I’ve been making it ever since!
What You Need To Make Grape Salad
- Red and Green Grapes
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Brown Sugar
Pro Tip: Make sure that the cream cheese is softened, preferably at room temperature. Otherwise, the dressing mixture will be lumpy.
How Long Does Grape Salad Last In The Refrigerator?
Make sure to chill the salad at least an hour before serving. It actually gets better the longer you let it hang out in the fridge that’s why it’s a great “make-ahead” recipe. It will last about 3 days covered in the fridge.
How To Make This Recipe
Grape Salad is so easy to make and comes together in about 10 minutes. Yep, it’s just that fast.
- To make the salad, wash, and pat the grapes dry. I like to cut the grapes in half so that eating them is a bit easier.
- Next, whip together the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in the grapes and chill the salad for at least 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle on the pecans and brown sugar.
If you’re taking this dish to a party or potluck, you can add to the nuts and brown sugar before you pack up the salad. The brown sugar will slightly melt into the creamy dressing, which makes the salad extra yummy. Just give the salad a quick stir before everyone digs in.
Tips For Making Grape Salad
- If you’re not a fan of sour cream, feel free to substitute plain yogurt.
- Feel free to change out the pecan for walnuts if you prefer.
- You can use all green or red grapes if you can’t find both at the store. I like to use both because of the colors they bring to the dish.
- You can add all kinds of extras to this salad to make it your own. Try coconut, chocolate chips or toffee bits. You can even add some Cool Whip if you’re feeling extra bold!
- Grape Salad is a great addition to any buffet. Serve it for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. It’s ideal for Mother’s and Father’s Day celebrations, too.
More Yummy Recipes You’ll Love!
- Ambrosia Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Cranberry Pecan Slaw
- Waldorf Salad
- Pear and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 5 cups red and green grapes
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 block) softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans – chopped
- Wash and dry grapes. Cut in half and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, blend together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add in vanilla and sugar and whip until incorporated. Add in grapes and gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and put in serving bowl. Sprinkle on brown sugar and pecans. Serve. **Can be stored in fridge for up to 3 days.