A great breakfast IS possible with these Ham and Cheese Egg Cups. They are a protein-packed, low carb way to start the day and are ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes!
We are some breakfast loving people around here so I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to make. Since mornings can be super busy, I want dishes that are easy to make, don’t take a lot of time to make, and hopefully can be made ahead of time. This “new to me” recipe has proven to be a winner on all counts and best of all, these egg cups, made in a muffin tin are downright delightful!
The funny thing about this recipe is, that it only has three ingredients. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of dishes made with limited ingredients that are absolutely outstanding. The key is, you’ve got to use really good food and make sure the flavors complement one another. I chose to combine ham, eggs, and cheese since they just seem to belong together.
To make the cups, I used my muffin tin. I’m sure you are well aware that this useful kitchen tool is not just for muffins and cupcakes. The internet is full of yummy dishes that folks have come up with using their trusty muffin tin. Let me just say, I’m a fan, so, who knows what I might be cooking next in mine.
This dish is really not so much of a recipe as it is a method. What I mean is that you’re building the cups by layering your ingredients into the muffin tin, baking, then eating. I love the fact that these scrumptious egg cups can be made ahead of time, stored in the fridge, then heated up when you’re ready to enjoy them. Breakfast is not really at a set time around here and folks are always coming and going depending on their schedule so having something nutritious on hand that we can grab is fabulous. I also really like that this recipe is low carb yet full of mouthwatering flavor. So, grab your muffin tin, a few, simple ingredients and get your day off to a great start!
More delectable breakfast recipes ~
- Breakfast Cupcakes
- Breakfast Butters
- Instant Pot Bacon and Egg Bites
- Frittata with Sausage and Cheese
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish
- 12 slices deli ham
- 1 cup cheese (I used Gruyere)
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley - optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prep muffin tin by coating each cup with cooking spray.
- Place ham slice in each hole of muffin tin pressing it into a cup shape. Add 1 heaping tablespoon cheese. Crack egg into a small bowl (making sure no shell gets in) then gently place the egg on top of cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for approximately 12 minutes or until egg is cooked to desired amount.
- Remove egg cups from muffin tin. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and garnish with parsley
Follow us on Pinterest for all things A Southern Soul!