This is my all time favorite salsa to make whether you use fresh or canned tomatoes. I also LOVE fresh pineapple salsa which is perfect for dipping or as a topping for fish and chicken. Whatever salsa you like, it’s always a welcome site when it’s time to party!
- 1/2 small jalapeño chili or 1/2 chipotle chili in adobo sauce - minced
- 1/4 small red onion - roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove - minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 small ripe tomatoes - cored and roughly chopped (1 14 oz can of diced, drained tomatoes can be used)
- Pulse all ingredients EXCEPT tomatoes in a food processor until minced. Scrap down side of bowl.
- Add tomatoes and pulse until roughly chopped - about 2 to 3 pulses.
- Makes about 1 cup