Avocado Tomato Salad is full of fresh, bright flavors and made in just minutes! This simple, 4-ingredient recipe is terrific served as a side dish and is great for cookouts and summer celebrations. The possibilities are endless with ways to serve this yummy, healthy salad.
This is one of those recipes that goes by many names. It can be a salad but, it can also be a side dish, an appetizer, a dip, or a fresh topping for grilled chicken or fish. Funny thing is, I really don’t care what it’s called because I love it.
We all know that avocados are loaded with healthy fat, fiber and contain more potassium than bananas. In addition to that, we’ve got my fav – tomatoes which are loaded with vitamin C and A along with lots of fiber.
If those 2 things alone aren’t enough to convince you to make this salad then I’ve got 2 more reasons – it’s crazy simple and delicious! After a little slicing all you do to bring this recipe together is add a little lime or lemon juice, a couple of swirls of olive oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper then…you are done.
So, call this beautiful, flavor-packed dish what you want, the most important thing is, this – just make it and enjoy it any way you want.
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh-squeezed Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Avocado Tomato Salad
Making this salad couldn’t be easier. Slice the tomatoes in half, then scoop out the ripe avocado and cut it into chunks. Place both ingredients in a large salad bowl. Drizzle over the juice of one lemon, swirl over olive oil, and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Toss everything together and you are done!
Pro Tip: the best way to keep avocados from turning brown, is to coat them in the dressing as soon as they are cut. The dressing contains lemon juice, and the acid in the juice will help to preserve the green color of the avocado.
Variations And Extras To Add
There are so many yummy extras to add to this simple recipe! Here’s a few of my favorites:
- Add in some leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken. You could also toss in cooked shrimp turning this simple recipe into something a bit fancier for when you’re entertaining.
- Thinly slice red onion and cucumber for an added burst of veggie flavor.
- Sprinkle in crumbles feta or blue cheese to incorporate a rich, savoriness.
Ways To Serve Avocado Tomato Salad
Oftentimes, when I’m craving something fresh and flavorful, this is the salad I make. I love it for lunch, as a side dish for dinner. I’ve also taken it to cover dish suppers and parties and it’s perfect for an outdoor cookout.
I’ve lost count on all the different ways I’ve served this salad but here are a few at the top of my list:
- with Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef, Instant Pot Pinto Beans, and warm tortillas for a Mexican-inspired dinner.
- spooned over the top of Grilled Pork Tenderloin for an easy weeknight meal.
- as a side dish with Air Fryer Chicken and Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits.
More Fresh Simple Salads You’ll Love!
Last but not least…
If you make this Avocado Tomato Salad recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Avocado Tomato Salad
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tomatoes in half and add to a medium size bowl. Scoop out flesh of avocado and cut into chunks. Add to bowl. Squeeze juice of lemon over tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle on olive oil. Toss gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss again.
- Can be store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.