This post may contain affiliate links.
Inspired by a classic BLT sandwich, this pasta salad is outrageously good with the addition of cheese tortellini and a delicious creamy dressing! This easy-to-make recipe is just the thing for any cookout, potluck, or family gathering and is sure to be on repeat all summer long.
It might be easy to guess what’s in this salad, right? Smokey bacon, juicy tomatoes, and crispy lettuce for sure, but I’ve added a couple of other outstanding goodies to take this pasta salad to new heights.
I’ve added 3-cheese tortellini along with creamy mozzarella pearls to make BLT Tortellini Pasta Salad. But, I didn’t stop there. All of these yummy ingredients are tossed in a creamy Ranch dressing that has extra dill and pepper for added flavor.
Now, I don’t know about you, but just the thought of all these ingredients coming together makes my mouth start to water! And, after just one bite, I believe that you are going to send this recipe straight to the top of the “most favorite” pasta salads list.
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Three-Cheese Tortellini Pasta – whichever brand is your favorite.
- Romaine Lettuce
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Pearls – if you can’t find them, then cubed mozzarella works just fine.
- Cooked Chopped Bacon
- Mayonnaise – Greek yogurt can be substituted.
- Milk – whole milk, 2% or low-fat all work in this recipe.
- Ranch Seasoning
- Dried Dill
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
What’s The Best Dressing For This Salad?
I think a creamy dressing works best with this pasta salad. It’s super easy to make with just a few pantry ingredients.
To make the dressing, add mayonnaise, milk, Ranch Seasoning, dried dill, and fresh cracked pepper to a jar with a lid. Shake until all ingredients are well blended. If the dressing seems too thick, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time.
How To Make BLT Tortellini Pasta Salad
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, cook the bacon, then chop it into pieces.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse it with cold water.
- As the pasta is cooling, make the dressing, chop the lettuce, and slice the tomatoes.
- Add the pasta, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls to a large bowl. Drizzle over the dressing, toss everything together, and taste. Add salt and pepper if needed, then you are ready to dig in!
What Type Of Lettuce Is Best For This Recipe?
The best type of lettuce for this salad is one that is hearty, that’s why I like romaine. It’s crispy and doesn’t wilt while being tossed in the dressing with the other ingredients.
What’s The Best Way To Cook Bacon?
There are several ways to cook bacon for this recipe. You can cook it in a skillet, drain, cool, then chop it for the salad.
One of my favorite ways to cook bacon is in the air fryer. It’s a great hands-off method and clean-up is easy. Baking bacon in the oven is also a great method, especially if you are cooking large amounts for meal prep.
Often Asked Questions
Yes, you sure can, especially if you are super short on time.
To store leftovers, place the pasta salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Of course! You can add avocado, red onion, or peppers. It’s also great with leftover chicken or grilled steak.
What To Serve With BLT Tortellini Pasta Salad
This is where we get to the good part! There are so many ways to serve this pasta salad. It makes an outstanding side dish along with these main dishes:
More Pasta Salad Recipes You’ll Love!
- Caprese Pasta Salad (Fresh And Easy)
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad For A Crowd
- Pesto Pasta Salad With Tomatoes And Mozzarella
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 pound package three-cheese tortellini pasta
- 3 cups washed and chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 pint sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 slices cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 8-ounce package mozzarella pearls
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons or 1 package Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- To a pot of boiling, salted water, add pasta, and cook according to package directions. When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cool water. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a jar with a lid, add the mayonnaise, milk, Ranch seasoning, dill, and pepper. Screw on the lid and shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the cooled pasta, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon along with the mozzarella pearls to a large bowl. Pour over the dressing, then toss everything together. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered.