This post may contain affiliate links.
Broccoli Apple Salad is light, fresh, and doesn’t cut corners when it comes to flavor! This dish is easy to make, keeps in the fridge for several days and if you are a broccoli lover, this bowl of crunchy goodness is a no-brainer.
Broccoli salad has been around for ages, well, the recipe has and almost everyone I know makes some version of it.
Now, I am no exception when it comes to making broccoli salad, with just a couple of exceptions. I’ve changed up the ingredients to make it just a little fresher in taste. Not only that, but I’ve taken out the traditional ingredients of bacon and cranberries, substituting them with fresh gala apple and sliced almonds.
I think there’s a reason this dish has stood the test of time – it takes less than 20 minutes to make, you can double the recipe to feed a crowd, it’s relativity inexpensive to make, and most importantly, it’s delicious. It’s also one of those recipes that you can make ahead of serving time because the longer it sits, the better it gets.
Ingredients For Broccoli Apple Salad
- Red Onion
- Cheddar Cheese
- Lemon Juice
How To Make The Dressing
The dressing for this yummy salad has one of my favorite go-to ingredients – lemon juice. It gives a bright taste that goes so well with broccoli.
Yes, it sure can. As a matter of fact, this salad is much better made in advance. This will give the ingredients time to blend together.
Store any leftovers in a covered container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Absolutely! If you are not a fan of almonds, you can substitute sunflower seeds or pecans. You can also leave them out altogether.
More Delicious Salads You’ll Love!
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Green Bean Salad
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Spaghetti Salad
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Last but not least…
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram.
Broccoli Apple Salad
- Box Grater
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups apple – thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup red onion – diced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
- 3/4 cup almonds – sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Place broccoli, apple slices, onion, cheese and almonds in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl or mason jar with lid, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix together (or shake) until well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss, making sure to coat well.
- Can be served immediately or stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.