Cheesy, creamy Chicken Alfredo Bake is a family favorite dish that’s irresistible! When you’re craving comfort food, look no further than this recipe. It’s a make-ahead one that’s great for potlucks, covered dish suppers, a weeknight meal, or when you’re feeding a crowd.
This recipe is what good pasta bakes are all about! It’s loaded with tender pasta, sauce, and ooey-gooey cheese in every single bite. Chicken Alfredo Bake now joins Out Of This World Baked Spaghetti, Pizza Pasta Bake, and Taco Spaghetti Bake in the best of the best pasta club.
This dish is special enough to serve when you’re having folks over yet simple enough to whip up when you want to gather your family around the supper table after a busy day. This is a comfort food masterpiece that will get rave reviews every time you serve it.
What Goes Into Chicken Alfredo Bake?
- Penne Pasta
- Cooked Chicken
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
What Kind Of Pasta Is Best To Use?
You can substitute just about any kind of pasta in this recipe. Ziti, farfalle, shells or rigatoni work great.
What Makes This Recipe So Special?
One answer. The homemade sauce! My take on homemade Alfredo sauce is so easy and delicious that you’ll never buy the stuff in a jar again. It’s loaded with cheese and seasoned just the way you like it, without any additives.
What Size Pan To Use
I use a 3 to 4-quart baking pan. You can use a round, square or rectangle, pan that you have on hand. This casserole or bake also works beautifully in a metal disposable pan if you are taking it to a potluck or covered dish supper.
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Bake
This recipe is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Cook the pasta, make the sauce and prep the chicken.
- Pour sauce over pasta and chicken. Mix well. Pour all ingredients into the prepared baking dish then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is golden on top. Remove from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes then serve!
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you sure can! I often make it the night before I want to serve. Just make the whole recipe, cover the dish with foil and refrigerate. When you want to serve, reheat the dish at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Change Ups And Substitutions
- Replace the chicken with cooked shrimp.
- Add in some veggies like, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes or spinach.
- Change up the cheese by adding in smoked gouda or grated romano.
- Want to make a little bit meatier? Add-in chopped cooked bacon or ham.
What To Serve With Chicken Alfredo Bake
This dish is definitely the star of any meal. Serve it with any of these yummy recipes:
- Easy Roasted Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Skillet Green Beans
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Carrot Apple Salad
- Avocado Tomato Salad
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Chicken Alfredo Bake
- 1 pound cooked pasta – 1 box cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups cooked chicken – chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic – minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese – grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 3-4 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place cooked pasta and chicken in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add in milk, cream, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Add Parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella. Stir until cheese has melted and sauce is thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over pasta and chicken. Mix well. Pour all ingredients into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.