Cheesy, creamy Chicken Alfredo Bake is a family favorite dish that’s irresistible! When you’re craving comfort food, look no further than this recipe. It’s a make-ahead one-dish wonder that’s great for potlucks, covered dish suppers, a weeknight meal or when you’re feeding a crowd.
This recipe is what good pasta bakes are all about! It’s loaded with tender pasta, sauce, and ooey-gooey cheese in every single bite. Chicken Alfredo Bake now joins Out Of This World Baked Spaghetti, Pizza Pasta Bake and Taco Spaghetti Bake in the best of the best pasta club.
This dish is special enough to serve when you’re having folks over yet simple enough to whip up when you want to gather your family around the supper table after a busy day. This is a comfort food masterpiece that will get rave reviews every time you serve it.
What Goes Into Making Chicken Alfredo Bake?
- Penne Pasta
- Cooked Chicken
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you sure can! I often make it the night before I want to serve. Just make the whole recipe, cover the dish with foil and refrigerate. When you want to serve, reheat the dish at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Chicken Alfredo Change Ups
- Replace the chicken with cooked shrimp.
- Add in some veggies like, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes or spinach.
- Change up the cheese by adding in smoked gouda or grated romano.
- Want to make a little bit meatier? Add-in chopped cooked bacon or ham.
Chicken Alfredo BakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound cooked pasta - 1 box cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups cooked chicken - chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic - minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese - grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 3-4 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place cooked pasta and chicken in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add in milk, cream, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Add Parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella. Stir until cheese has melted and sauce is thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over pasta and chicken. Mix well. Pour all ingredients into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE.