Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! Thursday was the 3rd class of “Cooking With A Southern Soul” and just like the other two, we had a great time. Cooking, talking, laughing and learning about food & new flavors….what could be better? I love my sweet, quirky, cute students and they have inspired me in ways I didn’t think possible.
This sessions theme was “Think OUTSIDE the Lunch Box” and the menu included chicken tenders, Sunshine Fruit Salad, Pasta with a PRO (protein) and Couscous with feta and veggies. The clear winner of the night – THE CHICKEN! Here’s what we did….
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix mustard, honey and mayo in a shallow dish.
- After crushing corn flakes, put them into a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into the mustard mix then dredge in corn flakes. Place on a wire rack or parchment lined baking pan.
- Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes. Test to make sure chicken is cooked but not dry.
- Make your own dipping sauce of mustard, honey and mayo using the measurements above. You can spice it up a little by adding some hot sauce or cayenne pepper.