This post may contain affiliate links.
There’s no better way to cook carrots that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside than in the air fryer. Perfectly seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper, then finished with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, Air Fryer Roasted Carrots make a terrific side dish or healthy snack.
If you’ve been reading A Southern Soul for any length of time, you know that my recipes are about turning simple ingredients into something extraordinary. How does that happen? By combining flavor, texture, and picking the proper cooking method.
When that happens, like with these Air Fryer Roasted Carrots, you’ve got a great side dish that’s colorful, easy, and downright delicious! Like Air Fryer Green Beans or Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes, this good-for-you recipe is a vegetable dish that does not skimp on flavor!
Simple Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Carrots – medium-sized
- Olive Oil – you can substitute coconut oil, avocado oil, or melted butter.
- Garlic Powder – onion powder can also be used.
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley – you can substitute or add fresh thyme or fresh dill or rosemary.
Scroll down for the ingredient measurements and full instructions.
What Kind Of Air Fryer Is Recommended For This Recipe?
I made this recipe using a Ninja 4-quart air fryer. It’s super easy to use, cooks evenly, and has a non-stick interior making clean-up easy because the air fryer basket can go in the dishwasher.
How To Make The Best Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- The prep time for this recipe is about 5 minutes. First, wash, dry, and peel the medium carrots. Cut them into a uniform size and place them in a bowl. To flavor, drizzle on olive oil, and sprinkle on garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the carrots in a single layer to the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd them. Set the temperature to 360 degrees and cook for 12 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through the cooking time until the carrots are fork tender and crispy on the outside.
- When the carrots have finished cooking, remove them to a serving plate and season to taste with more salt and pepper. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, then serve.
Tips And Often-Asked Questions
- Make sure to give the air fryer basket a good shake halfway through the cooking time. This ensures even roasting.
- Do not overcrowd the basket of the air fryer. Add the carrots in a single layer and roast in batches if needed.
- Do carrots need to be boiled before air frying? No, they don’t. Air frying will cook them perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Can baby carrots be used? Yes, but you’ll need to shorten the cooking time.
- What other seasonings and flavors can be used? Make the carrots sweet with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey, add a pop of freshness with lemon juice, or toss them in your favorite herbs and spices blend before roasting.
- Store leftover carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Great Ways To Serve Air Fryer Carrots
Whether you call this a side dish, a snack, or even air fryer carrot fries, I can tell you; clearly, you will love this recipe! Here are a few of my favorite dishes that are perfect for serving with Air Fryer Carrots:
- Nestle the carrots alongside Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Crock Pot Chicken Thighs, Brown Sugar Mustard Baked Ham or Slow Cooker Pot Roast.
- As a healthy snack on game day or movie night with Mississippi Chicken Sliders, Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken, Meat Lovers Stuffed Bread Pizzas.
- Dipped in Spicy Mayo Sauce, Garlic And Herb Tahini Dressing, Green Goddess Dressing.
Want More Air Fryer Recipes? Try These:
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!
- 6-8 medium carrots – washed, dried, peeled and cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add carrots to a medium-size bowl. Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the carrots.
- Add the carrots to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the temperature to 360 degrees and the timer to 10 minutes. Shake the basket at the 5-minute time mark and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until the carrots are fork tender and crispy around the edges.
- Remove the carrots from the air fryer, sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediatley
Delicious!! Thank you Donna…😋 love your site always interesting and fun recipes. 🍴
Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed the recipe and I really appreciate the outstanding rating.
The only way we eat cooked carrots! Tender on the inside, crispy brown on the outside. Never have used the Parmesan cheese. Will have to try it! Excellent veggie recipe! Thank you.
Hey there Linda!
I couldn’t have described it better myself, these carrots are tender on the inside and deliciously crispy on the outside! You should definitely try them with a sprinkle of parmesan, it really takes the dish to the next level. Thank you so much for your kind words and your fantastic rating, I really appreciate your support!