Wow your friends and family with this easy to make party appetizer that’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory! Crispy Phyllo cups filled with pimento cheese then topped with sweet, slightly spicy red pepper jelly makes for a delicious appetizer for the holidays, game day or whenever you’re entertaining.
These Pimento Cheese Bites are my new favorite appetizer. Actually, they might just be on my all-time favorites list. This recipe combines two classic Southern ingredients into what I think is one of the best little appetizers ever. Now, pimento cheese is awesome on its own but when its spooned into a buttery, crispy Phyllo cup, topped with red pepper jelly and baked, well, you’ve got something that’s totally irresistible.
If you’re not from the South, you may not be familiar with Pimento Cheese. It might seem like a strange concoction but once you try it, you’ll be a fan. I promise. For this recipe, I used my favorite store-bought brand but feel free to make your own. I also used a really good jarred red pepper jelly from the grocery store. Along with the Phyllo cups, I took advantage of some delicious prepared ingredients and put them together for an outstanding appetizer that comes together in less than 20 minutes.
What Goes Into Pimento Cheese Cups?
- Pimento Cheese
- Red Pepper Jelly
- Phyllo Cups
- Pecans – optional
How To Make This Appetizer
The steps to make this appetizer are super easy. Pimento Cheese Bites have become my go-to recipe when I need to serve up something fast while bringing “the extra” to the party. Pimento Cheese Bites are great served on their own but also make a great addition to a meat and cheese tray or charcuterie board.
- The first step in making these little bites is to heat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is heating, you’ll prepare the appetizer.
- Place all the Phyllo cups on a baking sheet then, using a spoon, fill each cup with pimento cheese. Top the cheese mixture with a small dollop of red pepper jelly. Bake in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Check to make sure the cheese has melted and the edges of the Phyllo cups are turning slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes then serve.
To mix things up a bit, I top a few of the Pimento Cheese Bites with a bit of chopped pecan. It brings a little bit of extra texture to the party! If you want to make this recipe extra spicy, you can use Jalapeño Pimento Cheese. Feel free to experiment with different flavors of jelly as well. The one thing you must do though is to make this recipe. You and everyone at your next gather will be so glad you did!
You Might Also Enjoy These Easy To Make Appetizers
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
- Game Day Meatballs
- Million Dollar Dip
- Honey & Pistachio Goat Cheese Appetizer
Pimento Cheese BitesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 15 count Phyllo cups
- 1 cup pimento cheese - prepared or homemade
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans - optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Phyllo cups on a baking sheet. Spoon pimento cheese into each cup and top with red pepper jelly. If desired, add a pecan piece to each. Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE.
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Price: Out of stock
Price: Out of stock