With a quart of strawberries in the fridge, I just had to use them before they went bad, right? Beware…this recipe makes 4 margaritas just in case you thought about helping yourself! We’ve got a few more days of the week to go, so last night a bit of caution was in order but it sure was great to have a few sips of something special…
Fresh Strawberry Juice Margaritas
- 2 cups capped and sliced strawberries.
- 4 Tablespoons sugar - more or less depending on sweetness of strawberries.
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice.
- 1 cup strawberry juice.
- 1 cup Tequila.
- 1/3 cup Cointreau.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice.
- Place in blender and puree.
- Remove seeds by draining in a sieve.
- Reserve juice.
- Place glasses in freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, rim glass with lime and dip into sea salt.
- Mix strawberry juice, tequila, and Cointreau in a shaker.
- Pour margaritas over ice.