- marinate the meat for 3 to 5 hours and not more than 24. Any acid in your marinade will start to break down the tissue and “cook” the meat.
- grill your steak over high heat.
- after letting the meat rest, slice it against the grain for optimum flavor.
Flank steak is an inexpensive, flavorful cut of meat is best when cooked on the grill and can be used in so many ways.
- 1 two to three pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 2 tablespoons honey
Place steak in a zip top bag.
Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour marinade over steak, seal bag and place in refrigerator for 3 to 5 hours.
Remove steak from fridge and let come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat grill to high - 500 degrees.
Remove flank steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
Grill on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on first side. Flip steak and grill for 2 minutes.
Place steak on cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 8 to 10 minutes.
Slice meat against the grain and serve.