This post may contain affiliate links.
Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad is a delicious twist on a classic recipe! Ripe, juicy strawberries, tender pasta twirls, and creamy mozzarella, all tossed in a bright dressing, make a fresh, easy-to-make salad that’s like a pop of summer in every bite.
You might say I have a thing for Caprese salads. Whether it’s my Easy Caprese Salad, Caprese Pasta Salad, or even my Caprese Salad Christmas Wreath, I’m absolutely in love with the fresh, bright flavors of this simple dish.
Recently, I decided to channel my passion for Caprese salad into a new recipe using strawberries instead of tomatoes. The results? Amazing!
What Makes This Salad So Good?
- It’s made with 5 terrific yet unexpected ingredients that, when put together, make the perfect flavor combination.
- This salad is so easy to make in less than 20 minutes, so you can have a crazy good side dish to serve whenever you need it.
- Since it has no mayonnaise, it’s great to serve at outdoor dinners and parties.
- It’s cool, refreshing, and the perfect side dish with anything cooked on the grill.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Short pasta – I used spiral, but penne, farfalle, or shells will also work well.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Mozzarella – fresh mozzarella is best.
- Red Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
What Is Caprese Salad?
A classic Caprese Salad, also known as Insalata Caprese, is an Italian salad most often served in the summer. It’s made with ripe tomatoes layered between slices of fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, then drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
How To Make Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
This is one of those recipes that puts a big smile on my face because it’s simple and fast, which means I can dig into it in just minutes!
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Slice the strawberries, onions, and cheese. Add everything to a large bowl.
- Shake up the dressing and drizzle over the salad ingredients.
- Add the basil leaves, toss and serve.
How To Make The Balsamic Dressing
To make the dressing, add all the ingredients to a jar with a lid, then shake until combined. It not only goes beautifully with this salad, but is also great on fresh greens and grilled vegetables.
Can This Salad Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Because this salad is so easy to make, there’s really no need to make it ahead of time. If needed, you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time and store them in individual containers in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What To Serve With Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
- Easy Marinated London Broil
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Legs
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Craving More? Try These Salad Recipes
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- BLT Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Everyday Green Salad
- Fruit Salad For A Crowd
- Green Bean Salad
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
- 10 ounces Rotini pasta
- 10 ounces hulled and sliced strawberries
- 8 ounces cubed fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water according to box instructions. Drain and rinse in cool water.
- Add cooked pasta, sliced strawberries, onions, and mozzarella to a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and add sliced basil. Gently toss ingredients and serve.
To Make Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a jar. Place on lid and shake until blended.