For a great dish that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Bacon Cheddar Quiche is one of my favorite go-to recipes. It’s easy to make and more than likely you have everything you need right in your fridge and pantry. I often change up the ingredients and substitute sausage for bacon or just leave out the meat all together and throw in some veggies. That’s the beauty of this recipe. It has such a flavorful base with the eggs and cheese that you can get creative and release your inner chef! I often make two of these pies at a time so that we can have one for dinner and the other for breakfast since it keeps really well in the refrigerator. I hope you’ll get creative with your version of this recipe…ENJOY!
Bacon Cheddar Quiche
Bacon and cheese quiche is wonderful for breakfast, bunch or when you are hosting a luncheon.Print Rate
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust for deep dish pan
- 1/2 lb . bacon - cooked and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 oz . grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-5 oz grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place pie crust in a lightly greased pie pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add milk, sour cream, onion, salt, pepper and mix until blended.
- Layer grated cheeses in pie pan.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped bacon over top of quiche.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over quiche and bake for another 5-8 minutes - checking for doneness. If crust gets too dark, cover with tin foil for remaining time.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.