This post may contain affiliate links.
Caprese Salad Christmas Wreath is festive, fresh, and perfect for any party or holiday meal! Whether served as an appetizer or a side dish, this super simple-to-make dish is always a hit.
Bright red tomatoes, beautiful green basil, and rounds of mozzarella cheese are turned into the ideal salad for the holidays!
Caprese Salad Christmas Wreath is so pretty, and it’s delicious. Just like my Simple Fresh Caprese Salad and my Caprese Pasta Salad, this new twist on a classic salad is destined to become a favorite.
Ways To Serve This Salad
This salad is a must for the holidays. Here are a few ways to enjoy it:
- As an appetizer, served with Spinach Artichoke Dip, Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery and Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies. Your guest will love this line-up!
- For casual entertaining, this salad is terrific with One-Pot Lasagna Soup and Puffed Pastry Cheese Straws.
- As the centerpiece for Christmas Dinner along with Crock Pot Brown Sugar Balsamic Pork Roast, Scalloped Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Grape Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Balls
- Fresh Basil
- Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Reduction
- Salt and Pepper
- Bamboo Skewers or Wooden Toothpicks
How To Make Caprese Salad Christmas Wreath
First, grab a pretty platter to place the wreath on. You’ll also need a small bowl for the balsamic reduction and bamboo skewers or wooden toothpicks for serving.
Next, drain the mozzarella balls, add them to a bowl and sprinkle over dried Italian seasoning. Add the balsamic reduction to the bowl and place it in the middle of the platter. You can purchase pre-made balsamic reduction at the grocery store or make your own with this recipe.
Now, it’s time to build the wreath. Add tomatoes, to the platter, around the bowl, forming a wreath-like shape. Arrange the mozzarella balls along with fresh basil leaves around the tomatoes.
Drizzle olive oil on the wreath, and tuck the skewers into the wreath. Then, present your masterpiece and enjoy!
Can This Salad Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yep, it sure can. Besides the big flavors that this salad provides, I love the fact that I can make it ahead of when I want to serve it.
Make the salad up to adding the olive oil. Cover and place in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, let the salad come to room temperature, and drizzle over olive oil.
More Christmas Recipes You’ll Love!
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Caprese Salad Christmas Wreath
- 2 10 ounce cartons grape tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce container small mozarella balls
- 15-18 fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 cup balsamic reduction
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- Drain mozzarella balls and place in a small bowl. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and toss to coat.
- Add balsamic reduction to a small bowl, and place it in the center of a platter. Arrange tomatoes around the bowl forming a wreath shape. Nestle the seasoned mozzarella balls and basil leaves in between and on top of the tomatoes. Place skewers under the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!