This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy chicken soup loaded with soft, fluffy gnocchi and tender vegetables is comforting, delicious, and simple to make! If you’ve ever had The Olive Garden’s version, hold on, because now, you can make this popular, comfort food recipe at home in just 30 minutes.
Sometimes it’s worth figuring out how to make one of your favorite restaurant recipes at home. And Creamy Gnocchi Chicken Soup proves it. My version is easy to make, with a rich, creamy broth that’s it irresistible. It’s fresh, and I dare say healthier than what you’d get in a restaurant.
For me, homemade soup is at the top of the list when it comes to comfort food. Whether it’s my One Pot Lasagna Soup, Roasted Sweet Potato Soup, or even Southern Chicken Stew, I know that making soup from scratch is always best.
If you’ve ever wondered what to make for dinner on a chilly afternoon, well, your worries are over because this will become your go-to recipe! Creamy Gnocchi Chicken Soup tastes like it’s been simmering for hours, but only you will know just how simple it was to make.
Ingredients Needed To Make Creamy Gnocchi Chicken Soup
- Butter and Olive Oil
- Onions, Carrots and Celery
- Fresh Thyme
- All-Purpose Flour
- Chicken Stock
- Shredded Chicken
- Potato Gnocchi
- Fresh Spinach
- Salt and Pepper
What Is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi is a small, Italian dumpling made from potatoes, flour, cheese, and eggs. They are soft, little pillows that are perfect in soups or served with a sauce. You can find Gnocchi in the pasta section in the grocery store.
What Kind Of Chicken Can I Use In This Recipe?
There are a few different types of chicken you can use in this recipe. My favorite is a rotisserie chicken from the store. I use the white meat for the soup and the dark meat for Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad or Artichoke Chicken Salad. You can also use leftover roasted chicken or pre-cooked chicken breasts.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have the luxury of having leftovers, store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the soup in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it until warmed through. If the soup is too thick, add a tablespoon or 2 of milk or water to thin it out.
More Comfort Food Recipes You’ll Love!
- BEST Homemade Meatballs
- Crock Pot Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Roast
- Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Crock Pot Bourbon Meatballs
- Skillet Beef Stew
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Creamy Gnocchi Chicken Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (1/2 teaspoon of dried)
- 1-1/2 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 16-ounce package Gnocchi
- In a large pot, or dutch oven heat butter and olive oil. Add onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the chicken stock and whisk to incorporate. Add in the Half-and-Half and continue to whisk until thickened. Add in the thyme, chicken, baby spinach, and gnocchi. Stir. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Ladle into a bowl and top with grated Parmesan cheese.