This post may contain affiliate links.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, blend together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda and buttermilk.
- Add butter and 1 teaspoon oil into cast iron skillet and place in oven to heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Beat egg and oil together. Pour into cornmeal mixture.
- Add buttermilk mixture and blend until batter comes together. Don’t over mix.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and swirl butter to make sure it covers the pan.
- Pour batter into skillet and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Slice into wedges.