Easy-to-make Spaghetti Salad is the perfect side dish for a party, potluck, or when you’re feeding a crowd. Tender pasta, pepperoni, and fresh veggies, tossed in a delicious homemade dressing is fantastic to serve any time of the year!
When it’s time to make a menu for any gathering, I want recipes that are simple and uncomplimented. Casual entertaining is my mantra so that everyone is relaxed and happy, including me. And I think there’s no better recipe to “fit the bill” for those requirements than pasta salad.
Spaghetti Salad: My Go-To Pasta Salad
Spaghetti Pasta Salad is so easy and great to make ahead of when you want to serve it since the pasta will absorb all of the yummy, zesty dressing. If that was not enough, making it requires very little cooking. Just prepare the noodles, then chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Slice the pepperoni, make the dressing, and toss it all together. That’s it!
What Goes In Spaghetti Salad
- Spaghetti Pasta – You’ll need about a pound of pasta noodles for this recipe, and it can easily be scaled up or down depending on your serving size needs. You can use regular-sized or thin spaghetti.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Also known as grape tomatoes, these are halved, so it add just the right amount of tomatoey pop.
- Cucumbers – You can use the full-sized cucumbers or the smaller ones. Whichever you choose will need to be sliced lengthwise and halved across.
- Pepperoni – I like using pepperoni in this recipe to add a hint of meaty flavor and Italian zing.
- Red Onion – The spice of purple onion meshes perfectly with the other ingredients in this salad. For extra zing, use Pickled Red Onions.
- Parmesan Cheese – Adds an additional flavor that compliments the overall dish.
- Parsley – A perfect garnish for a meal like this. It can be dialed up or down, depending on your preference of herby tastes.
- Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing – Once you make this dressing, you’ll always want to have it on hand for other salads, too! It’s made with a handful of pantry staples.
Variations and Additions
- Swap the parmesan cheese for feta cheese, as in my Couscous Feta Tomato Salad if you want a tangier cheesy flavor.
- Add additional veggies such as bell pepper, black olives, and/or sweet onion.
- Although the recipe is “spaghetti pasta,” you can still swap the spaghetti noodles for any other pasta you choose.
How to Make This Super Easy Spaghetti Salad Recipe
1. Cook spaghetti pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
2. To a large bowl, add spaghetti, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and pepperoni. Drizzle over the dressing and toss all ingredients together. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and parsley.
3. Serve immediately, or you can serve cold spaghetti salad after chilling it in the fridge.
Homemade Vinegarette Dressing
1. Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper, and salt to a small bowl or jar. Mix together or shake to incorporate all ingredients.
Often Asked Questions and Answers
Absolutely! Follow the recipe directions and then store the spaghetti salad in an airtight container. It will keep for up to 3 days.
You can choose any vinaigrette dressing of your choice or go with a classic Italian dressing.
If you want to keep it on the veggie side, simply add more vegetables of your choice. You can also add grilled and chopped pieces of chicken.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Give the salad a toss before serving so mix any dressing that may have settled.
What Goes With Spaghetti Salad
The ways to serve this crazy good cold spaghetti salad are just about endless!
- Side Dish – Oven Fried Chicken, Crock Pot Pulled Pork or Roast Beef And Cheese Sandwiches.
- Main Dish Salad – Healthy Mushroom Soup, Zucchini Cheese Bread.
More Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes
If you tried this Spaghetti Salad Recipe or any other recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. Thanks!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups grape tomatoes – halved
- 2 cups cucumbers – sliced and halved
- 1 cup pepperoni slices – halved
- ¾ cup red onion – minced
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley – chopped
- Italian Vinaigrette Dressing – about 1 ¼ cup
Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic – minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook spaghetti pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- To a large bowl add spaghetti, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and pepperoni. Drizzle over dressing and toss all ingredients together. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately. **Can be made a day ahead of serving. Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 3 days.
Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and salt to a small bowl or jar. Mix together or shake to incorporate all ingredients.