This post may contain affiliate links.
Air Frying is an easy, one-step way to cook perfect corn on the cob in just minutes. This irresistibly delicious corn on the cob is crispy on the outside, tender and sweet on the inside, with a grilled taste you’ll love!
Hey there! Do you love corn on the cob as much as I do? It’s a classic side dish that my family and I can never get enough of. I’ve spent years trying to perfect the cooking method for the most delicious corn, and I’ve finally discovered a game-changing technique that I’d love to share with you.
Have you ever considered cooking corn on the cob in an air fryer? It’s super easy and convenient, plus you won’t have to deal with boiling a pot of water or keeping an eye on it while it grills. And trust me, the results are amazing!
Why I Love This Cooking Method
- I don’t have to wait for a pot of water to come to a boil.
- The air fryer doesn’t heat up the whole kitchen, which is always important during hot summer months.
- It’s quick and easy to make.
- It produces the best cooked, tender corn that has a grilled texture that’s absolutely mouthwatering.
What You Need To Make The BEST Corn On The Cob
- Fresh corn on the cob – you can use frozen corn that has been thawed completely.
- Avocado or olive oil – I use spray oil to lightly coat the ears of corn.
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Air Fryer – you can use any size air fryer. For this recipe, I used a 4-quart, Ninja Air Fryer.
Toppings For Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
It’s so much fun to get creative with toppings and flavors for corn on the cob!
- Garlic Herb Compound Butter
- Jalapeno Lime Compound Butter
- A Southern Soul House Seasoning
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Elote (Mexican Street Corn) Seasoning
- Crumbled Feta or shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Melted Butter
How To Make Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer
- Cut the corn to fit into the air fryer. Be sure not to crowd the basket so that the air can circulate around the corn.
- Lightly coat the corn with olive or avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the corn in the air fryer and cook, turning at the halfway mark, until slightly charred.
- Serve with butter and more salt and pepper.
How Long To Cook Corn In The Air Fryer
Cooking times vary depending on the type and size of the air fryer you are using. I cook my corn on the cob at 370 degrees for 13 minutes – 15 minutes, until there is a slight char on some kernels.
Can Frozen Corn Be Cooked In The Air Fryer?
Fresh corn on the cob is the best for cooking in the air fryer, but did you know you can also cook frozen corn in it? Just make sure to completely thaw the corn and pat it dry with paper towels before air frying the corn.
Cooking. Start with 6-8 minutes of cooking time, adding 1-minute increments until the kernels are charred and cooked to your liking. If you want to enhance the flavor, consider adding chili powder or a drizzle of olive oil before air frying.
Tips And Tricks
- Flip the corn halfway through cooking: To ensure even cooking, flip the corn halfway through the cooking process. This will help both sides of the corn to cook evenly and develop a nice char.
- Add seasonings or toppings for extra flavor: Once the corn is done cooking, feel free to add your favorite seasonings or toppings for extra flavor. Some popular choices include chili powder, cotija cheese, butter, and fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately: Air fryer corn on the cob is best served immediately while it’s still warm and crispy. Enjoy it as a side dish with your favorite summer meals!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- The Best Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Honey Garlic Lime Shrimp
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Legs
- Hamburger Hobo Dinner Foil Packs
Commonly Asked Questions
To store corn on the cob, keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to use it. If you’re cooking frozen corn, make sure it is completely thawed and pat it dry with paper towels before cooking.
You don’t necessarily need to use oil spray when cooking corn in an air fryer, as the corn itself is naturally moist. However, if you prefer a crispy texture or want to enhance the flavor, you can spray the corn lightly with oil before air frying.
Want More Air Fryer Recipes? Try These!
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Turkey Breasts
- Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Easy Air Fryer Sausage And Potatoes
- Cut or break corn to fit in the basket of the air fryer. Lightly spray with avocado or olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place corn in the basket of the air fryer. Set the temperature to 370 degrees and cook for 13 – 15 minutes, turning the corn halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove corn from the basket of the air fryer, add butter and more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!