Easy to make with just 6 ingredients, this Garlic Herb Tahini recipe is a homemade dressing and dip all in one! It’s creamy, and rich with a fresh burst of lemony flavor and fresh herbs. It’s great on salads, sandwiches, burgers, as a sauce for fries, and is perfect to serve as a dip.
It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of making homemade salad dressings. I’m also a lover of any kind of dip to serve with veggies and crackers. So, guess what? I’ve found a recipe that works for both of these obsessions.
Garlic Herb Tahini Dressing and Dip is a new twist on a simple recipe. This easy-to-make recipe features tahini as the star of the show giving richness and a depth of flavor. To amp things up, even more, I’ve added extra lemon juice and fresh herbs to elevate the taste of this “sauce” to something special.
Whether you call it a dressing, dip, or sauce, this recipe is…
- light, fresh, and full of complex flavors
- easy to make in just one bowl
- not boring or bland
- a homemade masterpiece
What Is Tahini?
Tahini is made by grinding sesame seeds turning them into a thick paste similar in texture to natural peanut butter. It’s most often found in Mediterranean and Middle East cuisines. Tahini is versatile, flavorful, very nutritious and when mixed with other ingredients, provides any dish a rich deep taste.
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Tahini – found in most grocery stores or online.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Chives and Dill
- Lemon Juice
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper
Tools To Make Homemade Dressing
No fancy tools or euipment is needed for this recipe. All you need is:
Pro Tip: When making this dressing, whisk in the cold water last. Start with 2 to 3 tablespoons and add more until you get the consistency you want.
Ways To Serve 6-Ingredient Garlic Herb Tahini Dressing & Dip
- as a salad dressing with fresh greens.
- with fresh veggies for dipping.
- drizzled over air fryer baked potatoes.
- in buddha bowls with instant pot Rice.
- with grilled or air fryer sweet potatoes.
- as an afternoon snack with homemade pita chips.
How To Store Tahini Dressing
Store this dressing in a sealed container in the fridge. It will keep well for about 1 week. It may thicken a bit but you can simply thin it with a little more cool water as needed.
More Homemade Dressing Recipes You’ll Love!
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1000 Island Dressing
- Greek Dressing and Marinade
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Easy Vinaigrette Dressing
Last but not least…
If you make this dressing and dip recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini and olive oil until smooth. The mixture will be thick. Add in lemon juice, minced garlic, honey, chives, dill, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- To thin dressing, start by whisking in 2 tablespoons of cold water adding more until desired constancy is reached. Serve immediately.