This post may contain affiliate links.
This beautiful, refreshing salad tastes like a burst of summer in every bite! It’s loaded with strawberries, tomatoes, and avocado, with a pop of red onion, then drizzled with a homemade dressing that gives just the right amount of tangy sweetness.
If you love fresh salads as I do, then my Tomato Cucumber Salad or Super Simple Caprese Salad is for you.
Gimme, gimme, gimme all the salads! I actually think of a salad as being comfort food, and when I can make one that’s as fresh, bright, and delicious as this one, then I’m in heaven.
What Makes Strawberry Tomato Avocado Salad So Good?
- This salad is loaded with nutrient-dense ingredients, making it an irresistible “feel-good” food.
- From start to finish, you can make it in just 15 minutes.
- Strawberries and tomatoes provide the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors, and red onions give it just the right amount of crunch. And let’s not forget about the creamy avocado.
- It’s a terrific side dish to serve for a weeknight meal, fantastic for a BBQ or cookout, and excellent for potlucks and covered dish suppers.
Ingredients For Strawberry Tomato Avocado Salad
- Grape or Caprese Tomatoes – you can also use cherry tomatoes
- Fresh Strawberries
- Red Onion
- Fresh Basil – fresh parsley can be substituted or added as well
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Dijon Mustard
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
Scroll down for measurements and instructions
How To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
My favorite dressing for this salad is a light, flavorful balsamic vinaigrette with a touch of sweetness and just the right amount of tang. Here’s how to make it:
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or mason jar.
- Whisk together or shake until well mixed. This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Questions And Answers About This Recipe
Yes, you can add just about any fruit that you like. Blueberries or peaches are great choices. You can also add red peppers or toss in a handful of spinach or other salad greens.
You can add feta cheese, goat cheese, or blue cheese for extra flavor and a creamy texture. To make it a main dish, I like to add in leftover grilled chicken, steak, or even shrimp.
If you don’t want to make the balsamic vinaigrette, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle on balsamic glaze that can be purchased at the grocery store.
This salad is best served right after tossing it in the dressing, but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Ultimate Spring Recipe Guide
FREE Email Bonus: Spring into flavor with delicious seasonal recipes!
What To Serve With Strawberry Tomato Avocado Salad
This super simple salad is one of my favorite things to serve in spring and summer. But honestly, it’s great as a side dish any time you are craving a fresh pop of flavor.
- Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Best Roast Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Carolina Slaw Dogs
- Roast Beef And Cheese Sandwiches
Pro Tip For Serving
If you are taking this salad to a party or potluck, don’t dress the salad with the dressing until you arrive. Pack up the dressing in a separate container and drizzle it on the salad, toss, then serve.
Craving More Fresh Salad Recipes? Try These:
- Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing
- Fresh Tomato Salad
- Spicy Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1 pound strawberries, capped and sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place the strawberries, tomatoes, and onion in a salad bowl. Drizzle with half of the dressing. Toss, then add the avocado, and basil. Toss again and add more dressing if needed.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
To Make The Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a jar. Place on lid and shake until blended.
- If you are taking this salad to a party or potluck, don’t dress the salad with the dressing until you arrive. Pack up the dressing in a separate container and drizzle it on the salad, toss, then serve
Rate & Comment