This post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing is bright, vibrant, and easy to make! Whether you’re making a fruit salad or a fresh spinach salad, this delicious dressing will take your flavor-game to the next level. Made in just 10 minutes, this versatile dressing recipe will keep for up to 2 weeks, so it’s also a great way to help prep meals ahead of time!
My boys have never really been picky eaters. However, they were definitely tentative eaters, they’re always open to trying new things but usually hesitant to do so. One day, I made a salad that they absolutely loved, they said sarcastically that if I drizzled that dressing over every salad I served, they’d eat it no questions asked… so that’s exactly what I did.
This simple to make recipe is my go-to, picky-eater approved dressing that I make any time I’m serving a new salad. The flavors in this dressing are perfectly balanced thanks to the light acidity of the champagne vinegar combined with the sweetness of the sugar.
There are so many delicious ways to serve this dressing, but one of my favorites is with a fruit salad. I like to make a simple salad with honey dew, blueberries and watermelon that’s served on a bed of fresh spinach. Drizzle on your Poppy Seed Dressing, and trust me, you’ve got a match made in heaven!
People Often Ask…
This recipe for poppy seed salad dressing is super simple to make with just 7 ingredients…
– Fresh cracked pepper
– Champagne or White wine vinegar
– Olive Oil
– Poppy Seeds
This homemade salad dressing will last about 2 weeks in the refrigerator if it’s stored properly. I recommend storing the salad dressing in a mason jar or another air tight container so it stays deliciously fresh.
What To Serve With Poppy Seed Dressing
There are all kinds of delicious ways to use this salad dressing, here are just a couple of my favorite dishes to serve it with…
More Salad Dressing Recipes You’ll Love…
- Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Classic Thousand Island Dressing
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 6 Ingredient Garlic Herb Tahini Dressing
- In a blender or food processor, chop ½ a small onion until very finely chopped.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper and blend until just combined. Let sit on counter for 5 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve.
- With machine on low, slowly add olive oil and vinegar, then process until smooth. (You can also use a whisk)
- Stir in the poppy seeds and shake well.