Air Fryer Potato Wedges are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside making them a great side dish or snack! These perfectly seasoned potato wedges finished with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and parsley are made in minutes and terrific served with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you love french fries then you are going to go crazy over these Air Fryer Potato Wedges. They are super easy to make with russet potatoes, a few simple seasonings and an air fryer.
I’m always on the lookout for any recipe that uses healthy alternatives whether in the ingredients used or the cooking method. That’s what’s happing here. This recipe is lower in fat using very little oil yet by using the air fryer the potato wedges turn out perfectly.
How To Make The BEST Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Start by picking the right potato. Russet potatoes work best in this recipe. They have a high starch content making them great for french fries and wedges.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water to aid in making them extra crispy. This helps remove some of the starch from the potatoes.
- Season the wedges before cooking. I use a simple blend of salt, garlic powder, paprika, and a little pepper for just the right amount of flavor.
- Use an air fryer to make the potatoes crispy.
- Finish things off with a big sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley for an extra kick of flavor.
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is essentially a countertop version of a convection oven. This super useful kitchen tool uses hot, circulating air that produces extra crispy food in very little time. They use very little oil and heat up quickly.
How To Cut Potatoes Into Wedges
For this, you’ll need two kitchen tools, a sharp knife and a cutting board.
- First, cut the potato in half lengthwise.
- Lay the potato halves, cut side down on the cutting board, and slice in half once more.
- Lastly, flip each quartered potato over and carefully slice down the middle to make wedges.
The number of wedges you’ll have depends on the size of the potato.
What To Serve With This Recipe
My favorite way to serve these yummy wedges is with a dipping sauce. Here are a few of my favorites:
How To Serve Air Fryer Potato Wedges
This is one of those recipes that serves so many purposes. I’m not kidding when I say you’ll come up with all kinds of excuses to make this recipe! These potato wedges are great served for a busy weeknight meal, for game day, cookouts, and family gatherings.
Need a little inspiration? Here’s how I like to serve them:
Arrange a platter with potato wedges, and your favorite dipping sauces. Add bowls of cooked chopped bacon, grated cheese, and sour cream for a fun twist on a potato bar.
Instead of hashbrowns, serve air fried potato wedges with Bacon Cheddar Quiche, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, or Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Casserole. Add in a Fruit Salad and you’ve got a breakfast or brunch masterpiece!
Make Sure To Try These Air Fryer Recipes For:
Last but not least…
If you make this Air Fryer Potato Wedges recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 Russet potatoes washed and cut into wedges.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- To a large bowl with cold water, add 1 cup of ice cubes add potato wedges. Let sit for 15 minutes. Remove potatoes from cold water and dry on dish towel or paper towels.
- Place potato wedges on a sheet pan. Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika salt and pepper. Toss to coat potatoes.
- Working in batches, place potato wedges in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer. Set temperature to 400 degrees. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 8 – 10 minutes until potatoes are cooked and crispy on the outside.
- Remove potatoes, place in a serving bowl or platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!