This post may contain affiliate links.
There’s no better way to start off summer than throwing a Memorial Day Party! This essentials guide has what you need whether you’re hosting a huge backyard party or a family grill night. With everything from decorations, tablecloths, and mini tiki torches, to an affordable complete set of grilling tools, these Amazon essentials will guarantee that your party goes off without a hitch!
Table of contents
You can plan every small detail of a celebration, but to make it a party for the record books, you need the right items and tools. Entertaining can be fun, that’s why I’ve pulled together the 13 special items from Amazon to have on hand for successfully hosting a backyard party or cookout!
Some of these items, like disposable plates and cups, are no-brainers to make things easy, but citronella candles and mesh food covers are things that are just as important.
Pro Tip For Hosting: always have more ice on hand than you think you’ll need! Stash it in coolers for easy access when you need it.
I’ve divided this roundup into three categories; items for serving and tableware, Memorial Day-themed decorations, and must-have items for a cookout. Plus, I’ve added one of my favorite recipes to get you into the spirit of things!
Many of these essentials are things you’ll buy and use over and over again. I’ve had my unbreakable wine glasses for years and still love them. If you throw parties or cookouts every year as I do, then these items and tools are really an investment in the long run!
Must-Have Items For A Cookout
- Wooden Handle Stainless Steel Grilling Tool Set – If you invest in a good, high-quality set of grilling tools, you will use them for years! It will make everything from preparing food to cleaning the grill so much easier.
- Mesh Serving Plate Covers for Outdoor Parties – This is one of those items people tend to forget about until they really need one. If you’re serving any fresh fruits, salads, drinks, or desserts this year, I highly recommend purchasing a mesh plate cover!
- S’more Maker – Prepares Six S’mores – Quite a neat invention if you ask me! Place this nifty tool right on the grill and you can make smores for six without any of the mess.
- Cute Citronella Candles for Outdoor Gatherings – Citronella Candles are a must any time you’re sitting outside, but especially at a party. No one likes bug bites and these candles are a total lifesaver!
Recipe Spotlight – Grilled BBQ Chicken Legs
These chicken legs are juicy, smokey, sweet, and sticky. All you need is a stack of napkins!
Serving Items and Tableware
- 1 gallon Drink Dispenser with Ice Cylinder – You will use a nice drink dispenser way more than you’d think. I only bought one a couple of years ago and I’ve already gotten so much out of it. From family gatherings and graduations to birthday parties and baby showers, it’s such a practical purchase!
- Decorative Memorial Day Vinyl Tablecloth – Spills are bound to happen, there isn’t much you can do to prevent it. However, you can make the clean-up a lot easier by having a vinyl tablecloth. It’s super easy to wipe down, plus you can use it again on Fourth Of July!
- Shatterproof Wine Glasses – If I had to choose one item on this list to purchase it would be these wine glasses! This is another item you will use over and over again. Any time you’re attending a picnic, BYOB party, or you’re hosting a celebration, these wine glasses will become your go-to!
- Disposable Plates and Napkins – These adorable disposable napkins, plates, and cups are absolutely perfect for hosting a Memorial Day Party! If you have extras by the end of the night, don’t worry because you can use them on the Fourth Of July!
- 8-Compartment Chilled Serving Tray – This is another item you’ll be using all year round! In addition to serving food at outdoor parties, you can use this serving tray for tailgates, game days, Superbowl parties, birthdays, and graduations. Since there are 8 compartments, you can create an appetizer board of sorts and keep everything nice and cold.
- Stainless Steel Ice Bucket – With a 3-gallon capacity and a double-walled design, this Ice Bucket will keep your drinks cold way longer than a regular tub of ice. If you don’t own one yet, buy one this Memorial Day and without a doubt, you’ll be using it year-round!
Recipe Spotlight – Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is made with crispy bacon, tender pasta, sharp cheese, sweet peas, and a cool ranch dressing, coming together to create one of the BEST pasta salads ever!
Memorial Day and Outdoor Decorations
- Memorial Day Paper Fan Decorations – These foldable paper fans are one of my favorites! They fold up and unfold super easily so you can store them and reuse them this Fourth Of July and for celebrations in years to come.
- Patio String Lights – Outdoor String Lights aren’t necessarily a Memorial Day decoration, but they certainly make your backyard beautiful for hosting a party! I leave mine up year-round, but if you don’t have any, yet, then Memorial Day is the perfect excuse to get them.
- Tabletop Tiki Torches – Whether you’re looking to enhance the ambiance of the party or keep away the bugs, these Tiki Torches will do both! These red, white, and blue colored torches are great for Memorial Day, but if you click the link they have tons of different colors you can use all year round!
Recipe Spotlight – Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
This no-bake dessert has all the classic flavors of cheesecake, yet it’s taken to a whole new level with the addition of fresh fruit, cookies, and savory pretzels for dipping.
Rate & Comment